What is Chinese Herbal Medicine?
Chinese Herbal Medicine is an unbroken tradition going back to the 3rd century BC. Over the centuries it has gone continual development.
As more research evidence is gathered to support the use of Chinese herbs for various conditions and as adverse reactions to Chinese herbs are, Chinese herbal medicine gains popularity also in the West.
Clinical strategies are based upon diagnosis of patterns of signs and symptoms that reflect an imbalance.
Chinese Herbal Medicine, along with the other components of Chinese medicine aims to understand the cause of illness and to treat it by restoring the vitality and free flow of energy within one’s body.
By adhering to the code of practice of the Register of Chinese Herbal Medicine (RCHM), the practitioner makes sure that no endangered species and no animal products are being used. Only approved suppliers are being used and safety regulations are being maintained.
What can Chinese Herbal Medicine treat?
Chinese Herbal Medicine is successfully used for a very wide range of conditions. Among the more commonly treated disorders are:
* Skin disease, including eczema, psoriasis, acne, rosacea, urticaria
* Gastro-intestinal disorders, including irritable bowel syndrome, chronic constipation, ulcerative colitis
* Gynaecological conditions, including pre-menstrual syndrome and dysmenorrhoea, endometriosis, infertility
* Hepatitis and HIV: some promising results have been obtained for treatment of Hepatitis C, and supportive treatment may be beneficial in the case of HIV
* Chronic fatigue syndromes, whether with a background of viral infection or in other situations
* Respiratory conditions, including asthma, bronchitis, and chronic coughs, allergic and perennial rhinitis and sinusitis
* Rheumatological conditions (e.g. osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis)
* Urinary conditions including chronic cystitis
* Psychological problems (e.g. depression, anxiety)
* Children's diseases
Many of these conditions, especially in their chronic forms, create great difficulty for conventional medicine, whilst Chinese Herbal Medicine has a great deal to offer. The results that can be expected and the length of treatment required will depend on the severity of the condition, its duration, and the general health of the patient.
Click here to contact me